Even with a solid content strategy, content marketing can be daunting and time-consuming. Heck, your sanity might even be suffering. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Some of my clients with small teams have produced great content using Google Docs, Google Analytics, Dropbox, and WordPress among their content marketing tools. It wasn’t a sophisticated setup, but it worked at the time. The teams were in a rhythm, and it wasn’t worth shaking things up at that point. That is, until our efforts became successful and influencers, as well as other departments, began to contribute. It became clear that it was time to graduate to content marketing software.
Reducing the number of platforms, redundant questions, and the tools we used kept us focused on what really mattered–producing effective content and sound mental health, of course.
If your content marketing strategy is struggling, not because you lack creativity or content, but because you and your team are drained by processes, it’s time for you to consider content marketing software.
Here are 8 signs you’re ready for content marketing software:
1. You produce a significant amount of content
2. You have 20 different passwords (well, maybe ten) for all your content marketing tools
3. You can’t keep track of all the Google Docs
4. Your inbox is out of control with emails asking about the content strategy, brand guidelines, etc.
5. Your marketing team spends way too many hours gathering approvals
6. You are constantly reinventing workflows
7. Your assets have increased and come from internal and external contributors
8. You have a solid content strategy
Content marketing software saves time, money, and resources. And in my second post in this series, I will walk you through how to pick the right content marketing suite.
What are some other signs that you should upgrade to content marketing software?